2.11. Learning Technologies
Learning Technologies: How do instructional designers make choices about learning technologies for performance solutions and effective training strategies? (AOE 2. Instructional Design; 2.11. Learning Technologies) Connect with the podcast host on Twitter: @laurapasquini Or LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/laurapasquini/ Are you studying for the CPLP? Want more learning & performance ideas?
- Understand the learning technologies currently in use within the organization & the potential capability to expand
- Collaborate and cultivate relationships with the company’s information technology professionals to help you identify software/hardware options available for training
- Explore and educate yourself on emerging technologies used in learning and training environments in industry and education -- specifically applications, use, and practical strategies for learning development/design
- Join the Association for Talent Development (ATD) https://www.td.org/
- Read TD magazine (https://www.td.org/td-magazine) and Learning Circuits
- Attend ATD conferences or events https://www.td.org/events
- Search topics https://www.td.org/topics/learning-technologies
- Attend ATD webinars -- often free or openly available + archived webcasts
- Join other associations like:
- Online Learning Consortium https://onlinelearningconsortium.org/
- Association for Educational Communications & Technology (AECT) https://www.aect.org/
- EDUCAUSE https://www.educause.edu/
- ISTE https://www.iste.org/
- WCET https://wcet.wiche.edu/
- Association for Learning Technology (ALT) https://www.alt.ac.uk/
- Association for Professional, Continuing & Online Education (UPCEA) https://upcea.edu/
- Professional and Organizational Development (POD) Network https://podnetwork.org/
- My personal learning network on blogs, Twitter, LinkedIn, LinkedIn Groups, podcasts, and more!
How do you stay connected to learning technologies for training and instructional design? Let me know! Share your suggestions on what to read, watch, follow, or connect to online to continue my knowledge on the topic.